When I started looking around at essential oils and moisturisers, lotions etc, I discovered that I can create a lotion to suit my needs, adding the essential oils that work for me.
This weekend I am going to try this recipe. I will let you know how it goes.
Frankincense and Myrrh Lotion (Thank you Dr Axe)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup bees wax
1/4 cup Shea butter
2 tbsp Vitamin E
20 drops frankincense essential oil
20 drops myrrh essential oil
BPA free plastic lotion dispenser bottles
- Put olive oil, coconut oil, beeswax and Shea butter in glass bowl then place that bowl in saucepan with water.
- Heat stove to medium and mix ingredients together
- Once mixed put in refrigerator for an hour until solid
- With a regular mixer or hand mixer beat the mixture until it is whipped and fluffy. Then add essential oils and vitamin E and mix
- Fill container and store in cool place.
REMEMBER, for the best results, buy the most natural and organic ingredients possible
See these links for the health benefits of Frankincense essential oil and Myrrh essential oil.
Peace and harmony to all